Language For Living in Australia aims to provide recently arrived adult refugees and migrants with opportunities to develop their English language proficiency. All lessons include reading, writing, listening, speaking and conversation. English classes are organized into small groups at different levels, according to the English language proficiency of the students. Lesson themes are taken from day-to-day living to help students actively participate in their new culture.
The Edmund Rice Centre WA has a curriculum group developing programs with activities that deal specifically with the needs of the clientele.
We also have regular conversation classes to improve spoken English.
Location: ERCWA Mirrabooka
Language for Living in Australia Course Materials
The Language For Living In Australia course materials are available for download in PDF format.
- Module 1 – Different Themes
- Module 2 – Enrolling a Child at School
- Module 3 – FESA
- Module 4 – Getting to Know You
- Module 5 – Money
- Module 6 – Jobs, Occupations
- Module 7 – Playing and Learning Together
- Module 8 – Money (Part 2)
- Module 9 – Australian Celebrations
- Module 10 – Transport
- Module 11 – Visiting the Doctor
- Module 12 – Inside a Hospital
- Module 13 – School Information