The driver education course is available to eligible Humanitarian Entrants who have been in Australia between six months and five years. The course includes:
- Weekly Drive Safe and language-for-driving classes on Wednesdays from 9:30am to 11:30am
- Up to 36 Hours of accompanied driving and log book completion
- Assistance with preparing for the Hazard Perception Test
Using a variety of resources and activities, these sessions help reinforce the use of English language on the road. English language is required for the completion of the Practical Driving Test.
The subsidised cost of the program is $1,200 payable in two installments each of $600. Money will be refunded for lessons not needed.
Location: ERCWA Mirrabooka
Conditions of Eligibility
- Lived in Australia between 6 months to 5 years.
- Minimum of at least 3 lessons per week.
- Must provide Learner`s Permit and Original Visa document to copy.
- Only one Member per family/Household to enrol in the program.
- Must Live in the Northern suburbs.
- Must give 24 hours notice to cancel a lesson.
- Must read, understand and sign ‘code of conduct’ form before commencing the practical lessons.